Flexibility 4 is an extra by DESIGNfromWITHIN, first released on 2013-09-18.
Responsive MODX Revolution template based on Foundation 4 from ZURB.
Quickstart projects by creating a fully working MODX Revolution website, based on the Foundation 4 framework from ZURB, with just one package!
ATTENTION: While it should be possible to install Flexibility 4 in excisting MODX websites, I strongly advice you to use a fresh installation of MODX.
Flexibility 4 installs and creates:
navigation, search, blog, image gallery, contact form, templates, template variables, page templates, translations and much more!
!!! ATTENTION !!!
If you change or edit any Chunk, Snippet, Template Variable or Plugin that was included in the Flexibility package, please rename it! Or it will be overwritten on any future updates.
Any needed packages (like Wayfinder) will be installed automatically by the Flexibility package. You will be able to update and edit any sub-packages at a later date.
"Flexibility 4" is a HTML5/CSS3/jQuery based frontend MODX Revolution template based on the "Foundation 4" (http://foundation.zurb.com/). With this package you will have a fully functional website with a dropdown nav, contact form, slider and a image gallery.
"Flexibility 4" is designed and coded by Menno Pietersen Portfolio & blog: DESIGNfromWITHIN http://designfromwithin.com Twitter: MennoPP https://twitter.com/MennoPP
MANUAL INSTALLInstall MODX Revolution on your website.Download the package and upload the "flexibility4-x.x.x-x.transport.zip" file to "/core/packages/" (You only need the transport.zip file, do not unzip it yourself)Install the "Flexibility 4" package: Go to "System" > "Package Management" > "Add New Package" > "Search Locally for Packages" > "Yes".(to be sure clear your cache > "Site" > "Clear Cache")
ADDING AND CHANGING CONTENT
- Simply add resources/pages as you need annd assign the template you want to use. After selecting a template you will find template specific options under the 'Template Variables' tab.
- Content can be updated using Tiny MCE, the active CSS styles will be shown automatically and easy to select style classes are selectable via the 'Styles' button.
CHOOSING THE NAVIGATION TYPE
- Under system settings > (filter for 'flexibility4') > 'Use Foundation top bar for main navigation' you can select wich type of navigation you want.
All sub-packages (like Wayfinder) are installed by Flexibility and you will be able to remove/update each sub-package under "System" > "Package Management".
You can update the package via package installer, Flexibility will NOT override excisiting Resources.
CREDITS, SUPPORTERS AND CONTRIBUTORS:
- http://html5boilerplate.com/ (not used but got me started....)
- The MODX Revolution team for the whole MODX system
- Anselm Hannemann (http://anselm.novolo.de/) for the MODX Boilerplate
- The MODX community for all the great tips and support!
- Bob Ray (http://bobsguides.com/) for the amazing MyComponent package
BUGS and FEATURE REQUESTS:
Please post on GitHub: https://github.com/DESIGNfromWITHIN/Flexibility4Issues/issues
- First seen
- Supported databases
- MySQL SQL Server
- Minimum MODX Requirement
Flexibility 4 Releases
|MODX.com||1.1.3-pl||2013-09-18 (9 years ago)|
We've also seen 2 unverified versions of Flexibility 4 in use, but don't list those as we've been unable of confirming they are official releases from an official source.