Generates friendly URLs for your users.
First repository release. This version only supports URLs in the format site.com/username and site.com/username/action.
Beta: Test before using on live site. Please report bugs, contribute, or add docs on GitHub. Be careful when changing system settings. Settings OK to change (see docs): uu.start, uu.action_map, uu.enabled.
Usage: Use with Quip, Login, Peoples, Gravatar, and other snippets to build a social networking site. Use with UserInfo (on github.com/yoleg) if you have trouble using with Profile or Peoples.
Elements: Plugin UserUrls set OnPageNotFound. Snippets: uuId, uuAction, uuUrl, and UserUrls can be placed on the target pages to customize pages with user-specific information.
1. (Required) Set the "uu.start" system setting to the resource id used for the user home pages (without a sub-action). So when someone visits yoursite.com/johnsmith/ (where johnsmith is an active user's username), it will show them the content of the resource you set here.
2. (Optional) Set additional sub-pages ("action") by setting the "uu.action_map" in the format id:action,id2:action2.
- Example: "21:messages,131:history".
- - So, when someone visits yoursite.com/johnsmith/history, it will show them resource #131 with userid set to (johnsmith's userid) and action set to "history"
3. On the landing pages specified above, call the following snippets uncached as needed:
- [[!UserUrls]] (helper snippet). See snippet code for available options.
- [[!uuUrl]] - Generates a URL to a UserUrl page (by default to the current page). To another user's page: [[!uuUrl? &user=`21` &action=`messages`]]. Use as output filter: [[!+userid:uuUrl=`action`]].
- [[!uuId]] - gets the UserUrl userid
- [[!uuAction]] - gets the UserUrl action
- First seen
- Supported databases
- MySQL SQL Server
- Minimum MODX Requirement
|MODX.com||0.1.3-beta||2011-06-09 (7 years ago)|