MODX SEO Tab - The best way to perform in search engines
SEO Tab is a MODX Extra that helps you optimize your pages for the best possible performance in search engines, like Google.
Key features of SEO Tab
- Manage search engine visibility (noindex, nofollow)
- Manage internal search engine behavior
- Manage your Google XML Sitemap(s)
- Manage 301 redirects
- Automatically generate 301 redirects when changing a resource URL
- Freeze URL functionality is moved into the SEO-tab
Questions, contribute, bugs, feature requests
Contact Gauke Pieter Sietzema for questions on Slack, Twitter, LinkedIn or through email. SEO Tab is maintained in Github. You can contribute (code/translations), issue bugs and feature requests there.**Free Extra** This is a free extra and the code is publicly available for you to change. The extra is being actively maintained and you're free to put in pull requests which match our roadmap. Please create an issue if the pull request differs from the roadmap so we can make sure we're on the same page. Need help? Approach our support desk for paid premium support.
Install this update via the menu Extras > Installer in the MODX manager. Clear your MODX cache, by clicking the menu Manage > Clear Cache. A new tab in your resource-edit panel will appear called 'SEO'.
First of all: ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE UPDATING! Especially the modx_site_content database table in this case.
Upgrading to 2.0.0 from 1.* is highly recommended, but it does introduce some risks. SEO Tab 1.* stored the 301 redirects into the properties-column of a resource. SEO Tab 2 stores it in a seperate database table. This means a migration is needed. The migration-process is memory-intensive and might take a very long time, so just let it roll until it mentions a finished migration.
Possible problems (and solutions):
- Long migration-process because of many resources and redirects (think of 1000+ resource websites). Not really a problem, but if you have a big site, just plan your update at a low-traffic time, because redirects won't work 100% during the migration.
- A blank page with a 500 error. This usually is because of memory issues. Try to re-run the migration with a lower limit and queryLimit. It is currently set to limit:1000 and queryLimit=100. Try setting it to 500 and 50 in core/components/stercseo/processors/mgr/redirect/migrate.class.php
- If you somehow end up with an unfinished migration and the migration-notice is gone, you can fix it by setting the SystemSetting stercseo.migration_status to 0.
- First seen
- Supported databases
- Minimum MODX Requirement
SEO Tab Releases
|MODX.com||2.2.0-pl||2019-03-11 (1 year ago)|
|MODX.com||2.1.0-pl||2018-06-19 (2 years ago)|
|MODX.com||2.0.4-pl||2017-09-26 (2 years ago)|
We've also seen 21 unverified versions of SEO Tab in use, but don't list those as we've been unable of confirming they are official releases from an official source.