Important: At the moment SEOTab won't work with PHP7.2 due to an issue in MODX (2.6.1 and lower). The issue is addressed here: https://github.com/modxcms/xpdo/issues/135
MODX SEO Tab - The best way to perform in search engines
SEO Tab is a MODX Extra that helps you optimize your pages for the best possible performance in search engines, like Google.
Key features of SEO Tab
- Manage search engine visibility (noindex, nofollow)
- Manage internal search engine behavior
- Manage your Google XML Sitemap(s)
- Manage 301 redirects
- Automatically generate 301 redirects when changing a resource URL
- Freeze URL functionality is moved into the SEO-tab
Questions, contribute, bugs, feature requests
Contact Gauke Pieter Sietzema for questions on Slack, Twitter, LinkedIn or through email. SEO Tab is maintained in Github. You can contribute (code/translations), issue bugs and feature requests there.
Install this update via the menu Extras > Installer in the MODX manager. Clear your MODX cache, by clicking the menu Manage > Clear Cache. A new tab in your resource-edit panel will appear called 'SEO'.
First of all: ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE UPDATING! Especially the modx_site_content database table in this case.
Upgrading to 2.0.0 from 1.* is highly recommended, but it does introduce some risks. SEO Tab 1.* stored the 301 redirects into the properties-column of a resource. SEO Tab 2 stores it in a seperate database table. This means a migration is needed. The migration-process is memory-intensive and might take a very long time, so just let it roll until it mentions a finished migration.
Possible problems (and solutions):
- Long migration-process because of many resources and redirects (think of 1000+ resource websites). Not really a problem, but if you have a big site, just plan your update at a low-traffic time, because redirects won't work 100% during the migration.
- A blank page with a 500 error. This usually is because of memory issues. Try to re-run the migration with a lower limit and queryLimit. It is currently set to limit:1000 and queryLimit=100. Try setting it to 500 and 50 in core/components/stercseo/processors/mgr/redirect/migrate.class.php
- If you somehow end up with an unfinished migration and the migration-notice is gone, you can fix it by setting the SystemSetting stercseo.migration_status to 0.
- First seen
- Supported databases
- Minimum MODX Requirement
SEO Tab Releases
|MODX.com||2.1.0-pl||2018-06-19 (3 months ago)|
|MODX.com||2.0.4-pl||2017-09-26 (11 months ago)|
We've also seen 20 unverified versions of SEO Tab in use, but don't list those as we've been unable of confirming they are official releases from an official source.