A MODX Extra which allows you to display social feed from Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Youtube.
- Stores social posts in the database for optimal performance.
- Allows you to allow/disallow individual posts to be displayed on the website with a MODX CMP.
- Comes with a snippet which accepts lots of options.
It retrieves the following content per Social Media channel:
- Twitter: Retrieve posts from your own user timeline and/or retrieve posts by specifying one or multiple search keywords.
- Facebook: Retrieve posts from your own user timeline.
- Instagram: Retrieve posts from your own user timeline and/or retrieve posts by specifying one or multiple search keywords. Note: In order to retrieve posts from other users by using the search query the app needs the public_scope permission: https://www.instagram.com/developer/authorization/
- Youtube: Retrieve videos from your own user channel.
- Install package via Package manager
- Fill in the API credentials for the Social Media accounts you want to import feed from
- Setup and run the SocialHub Cronjob located at /core/components/socialhub/elements/cronjobs/import.php
Note: Instagram API Credentials
In order to retrieve the Instagram Access Token you'll need to specify the Instagram API Code. You can retrieve this by visiting the following url: https://instagram.com/oauth/authorize/?client_id=CLIENTID&redirect_uri=DOMAIN/assets/components/socialhub/getinstagramcode.php&response_type=code&scope=public_content
After the authorization you will be redirected to the specified redirect URI and the Instagram Code will be stored automatically for you. Since the Instagram Code can only be used once, it will automatically be unset after it has been used to retrieve the Access Token.
The SocialHub cronjob imports the Social Feed from the social media accounts and store the data into the database. Feed that has already been imported into the database will be updated.
The cronjob is located at:/core/components/socialhub/elements/cronjobs/import.php
The SocialHub snippet can be used to retrieve the social posts from the database.
- First seen
- Supported databases
- Minimum MODX Requirement
|2018-05-23 (5 years ago)
We've also seen 6 unverified versions of SocialHub in use, but don't list those as we've been unable of confirming they are official releases from an official source.