SEOPro is a MODX Extra developed by Sterc. This Extra offers you guidelines in the process of optimizing your webpage for search engines. It enables you to enter focus keywords per page. Based on that input, SEOPro provides you with feedback on the SEO quality of your pagetitle, longtitle, description and alias by checking if the keywords are present.
New in 1.1.0
- Yandex support
- Numerous new system settings
- Lots of bug fixes
- Offer SEO guidelines for the content field of a webpage.
Bugs and feature requests
We greatly value your feedback, feature requests and bug reports. Please issue them on GitHub.**Free Extra** This is a free extra and the code is publicly available for you to change. The extra is being actively maintained and you're free to put in pull requests which match our roadmap. Please create an issue if the pull request differs from the roadmap so we can make sure we're on the same page. Need help? Approach our support desk for paid premium support.
After installing SEOPro on your website (SEOPro can be found in the package manager), the following workflow is intended:
- Pick a page on your MODX website which you would like to optimize for search engines and click it.
- As you can see, the regular interface is extended with some new features, among which is a new field called 'Focus keywords'. Here enter the keywords you would like to optimize your page for (to add more than one keyword, use a comma to separate them).
- Now take a look at the input fields with a 'Keywords' label. Make sure you turn the grey thumbs down into green thumbs up by adding one or more keywords to these fields. Also make sure you don't exceed the given length.
- Save it. The webpage is now optimized for search engines and can be further improved when future features are added.
Note: try to limit the amount of focus keywords to gain more effectivity.
Tip: use this tool to determine which keywords to focus on.
- To set the ultimate SEO pagetitle, you can use ``.
- To add your keywords to the page, you can use ``.
Using a TV for the keywords?
You can use this gist to convert a TV value to SEOPro.
- First seen
- Supported databases
- Minimum MODX Requirement
SEO Pro Releases
|MODX.com||1.3.0-pl||2018-03-20 (1 year ago)|
|MODX.com||1.2.2-pl||2017-10-16 (1 year ago)|
|MODX.com||1.2.1-pl||2017-10-10 (1 year ago)|
We've also seen 11 unverified versions of SEO Pro in use, but don't list those as we've been unable of confirming they are official releases from an official source.