[Requires PHP 5.3.2 or higher]
Resizer is a PHP class for use within snippets. If you're not developing your own snippet what you probably want is not Resizer by itself, but a higher-level package which uses it, like pThumb.
See the GitHub page for documentation, bugs, feature requests and all that.
Resizer implements a subset of phpThumb's options, at the moment mostly those relating to sizing and cropping.
Advantages to phpThumb / modPhpThumb
- Considerably faster. In a test of zoom cropping I found it to be 56% faster than modPhpThumb while using only 39% of the memory.
- All zc options work even with GD.
- The wl, hl, wp, hp, ws, hs dimension parameters work properly.
- Doesn't have problems finding and using Imagick. It's not uncommon that phpThumb won't use ImageMagick even though it's installed.
- Will use Gmagick if available.
- Offers a few new options, like scale and variable quality.
- Only supports a subset of phpThumb's functionality.
- Requires PHP 5.3 or higher.
- Doesn't work with the command-line version of ImageMagick, only the PHP extension.
See an example of how to use it in your code here.
- First seen
- Supported databases
- Minimum MODX Requirement
|MODX.com||1.0.2-beta||2019-09-15 (9 months ago)|
|MODX.com||1.0.1-pl||2014-05-26 (6 years ago)|
We've also seen 7 unverified versions of Resizer in use, but don't list those as we've been unable of confirming they are official releases from an official source.