A fork of phpThumbOf 1.4.0. pThumb is a lightweight, efficient, and actively maintained replacement for phpThumbOf. It offers most of the functionality of its predecessor while adding new features, fixing bugs, and offering some potentially dramatic speed improvements on sites which use phpThumbOf heavily.
See the GitHub page for more details.
Significant New Features
- Resizer — A leaner, faster alternative to phpThumb for image sizing and cropping. Added in version 2.0.
- pThumb Cache — Cleaner, more semantic and SEO-friendly image URLs. Added in version 2.1.
- Improved Amazon S3 support
- Ability to output image width and height
- Improved cache cleaner plugin
pThumb uses the same namespace, settings and snippet name as phpThumbOf, so after it's installed any code using phpThumbOf will automatically use the new version instead.
Uninstall phpThumbOf before installing pThumb.
(You don't have to uninstall phpThumbOf first, but it makes things less confusing. If you uninstall phpThumbOf later, you'll have to reinstall pThumb.)
- First seen
- Supported databases
- MySQL SQL Server
- Minimum MODX Requirement
|MODX.com||2.3.3-pl||2014-06-14 (4 years ago)|
We've also seen 13 unverified versions of pThumb in use, but don't list those as we've been unable of confirming they are official releases from an official source.