Media Manager [BETA]
Media Manager [BETA] is an extra by sterc, first released on 2018-01-09.
The Media Manager is a MODX Extra replacing the default Media Browser with an enterprise-grade media management solution.Features
- Fully responsive
- Built on jQuery and Bootstrap for easier future development
- Fully database driven
- Virtual categories, instead of folders to allow a file to be in multiple categories
- Tag support
- Version control for your media
- Image editing features, including resizing and cropping
- Ability to publish/unpublish media with reference-checking
- Support for TinyMCE, TV's, ContentBlocks
- Metadata for images out of the box: id, version, filename, version, author, dimensions (original + cropped image size), category, tags)
- Unlimited additional metadata (like TV's for images!)
- MODX ACL for removing/archiving images
Migrating from the default media browser
A migration tool is not yet available. You will not lose your old images, but they also will not show up in the new media browser.InstallationInstall the package through package management by uploading the latest version from the _packages folder.You have to enable the Media Manager per MediaSource. Go to the top-menu "Media" -> "Media Sources" -> "Create property": Name=mediamanagerSource, Type=Textfield, Value=1Now enable it per user by editing a user: "Manage" -> "Users" -> Edit a user -> "Settings" -> "Create new" and set the key and/or name to "media_sources_id" and set the value to the ID of the Media Source you just enabled.
- First seen
- Supported databases
- Minimum MODX Requirement
Media Manager [BETA] Releases
|MODX.com||0.2.0-pl||2018-01-09 (8 months ago)|
We've also seen 1 unverified versions of Media Manager [BETA] in use, but don't list those as we've been unable of confirming they are official releases from an official source.