- Runs as a snippet or output filter, so it's fully cacheable
- Targets only the areas you tell it to
- Reads and writes inline styles as well as img tag width/height attributes, so it works with both TinyMCE and CKEditor
- Offers a variety of paramaters for controlling image size: display size, max width/height, scale (for retina images), or any combination
- Fixes stretched images (optional)
- Works with remote images and caches them locally (optional)
- Resaves pngs and gifs larger than a given file size as jpegs (optional)
- Runs any user-specified phpthumb options on all images in its input
- Either pThumb (recommended) or phpThumbOf
- PHP: DOM Extension — imageSlim's installer will tell you whether your server has it. Most do.
- cURL (for remote images). If you can download this via the Package Manager, you have cURL.
- As an output filter: [[*content:imageSlim]] or [[*someRichTextTV:imageSlim=`scale=1.5&maxWidth=800&fixAspect=1`]]
- As a snippet: [[imageSlim? &input=`[[*content]]` &remoteImages=`1` &phpthumbof=`fltr=gray`]]
Make sure you have pThumb or phpThumbOf installed. pThumb is compatible with phpThumbOf, significantly faster and eliminates some potential problems caused by phpThumbOf bugs.Download and install imageSlim. The installer will alert you to any potential problems with your configuration.See the GitHub page for complete documentation, or to file bug reports or feature requests.
- First seen
- Supported databases
- MySQL SQL Server
- Minimum MODX Requirement
|MODX.com||1.1.3-pl||2013-11-02 (9 years ago)|
We've also seen 4 unverified versions of imageSlim in use, but don't list those as we've been unable of confirming they are official releases from an official source.