- Easy mailing and newsletter creation: newsletter HTML body based on single MODX templates or plain-text.
- Automatic Bounce Handling: GoodNews can automatically handle bouncing emails and disable or remove inactive subscribers.
- Scheduled sending: send newsletters at a scheduled time.
- Flexible groups and categories: manage your subscribers in highly flexible groups and/or categories of interests.
- MODX context support: support of multiple MODX contexts and mailing containers within each context.
- Ultrafast sending engine: ultrafast sending based on parallel sending processes (multi threaded!).
- Multi language interface: GoodNews currently comes with this languages: English, German, French.
- Preinstalled front-end resources: ready to use: 2-factor subscriptions based on interests, 1-click unsusbcription, editing of subscription profiles.
- Content Collections: automatically insert pre-formatted lists of Resource documents into your mail body (e.g. list of news or products).
- Mailings based on subscribers interests: send mailings based on group and/or categories selection.
- Mailings to internal MODX User groups: Send mailings to internal MODX User groups.
- Import of subscribers: CSV Import of subscribers and automatic groups/categories assignments.
- Simultaneous sending: simultaneous sending of multiple mailing campaigns.
- Unattended sending: start your sending jobs, close the browser window and let GoodNews do the rest.
- GDPR compliant
- GoodNews requires MODX 2.2.1 or later
- PHP 5.3 (or later)
- MODX running on MySQL database, MSSQL is currently not supported
- PHP exec enabled on server for multi-threaded sending (optional but strongly recommended!)
- PHP IMAP extension for automatic bounce handling (optional)
- pThumb extension for automatic image resizing (optional)
- A time-based job scheduler like CRON.
In some hosting plans and server environments, cron jobs are not available, prohibited or limited. But thankfully there are many web-based cron-job providers available with free or payed cron services. Here you can find a collection of web-based cron-job providers www.cronjobservices.com.
- First seen
- Supported databases
- Minimum MODX Requirement
|MODX.com||1.5.1-pl2||2018-07-26 (1 year ago)|
|MODX.com||1.5.0-pl||2018-07-23 (1 year ago)|
|MODX.com||1.4.8-pl||2018-02-16 (1 year ago)|
|MODX.com||1.4.7-pl2||2017-12-13 (1 year ago)|
|MODX.com||1.4.7-pl||2017-12-12 (1 year ago)|
|MODX.com||1.4.6-pl||2017-07-25 (2 years ago)|
We've also seen 17 unverified versions of GoodNews in use, but don't list those as we've been unable of confirming they are official releases from an official source.