- Hightly customizable
- Search form and search results completely customizable through templates and css
- Result data available in templates as placeholders
- Output of results available as html results or as json structure
- Rich query syntax
The syntax is the same for mysql or for the zend engine. The same search string analyser is used. The syntax includes:
- Single (?) and multiple character (*) wildcard searches,
- Boolean operators: AND, OR
- The NOT operator
- The grouping of terms using parentheses,
- Single Terms and phrases by using quotes
- Clear Default and help button
- The clearing of the default text (Search here ...) is available with the clearDefault parameter
- A customizable help button opens a window to provide an help on the search query syntax. The content of the help is fully customizable too.
- Search in TVs
- Sql queries have been optimized for search in TVs.
- fields, withFields, withTvs and includeTvs parameters allow to specify where the search occurs and which are the information available as placeholder in the results.
- With showExtract parameter you specify which fields are used to set the extract and how many extracts per result you want.
- Modify on flying the display of the results with a postHook snippet.
- Faceted search
- Filter the results with the Query Hook (a snippet). By declaring the "andCondtions" in the Query Hook you can set up and manage powerful filters.
- Read the specific Query Hook documentation.
- Several instances on the same page
- Set as many search inputs & results as you want on the same page.
- Dynamic content search with Zend
- (See above). By default Mysql is the default engine mode.
- To index the documents check indexation folder. It's secured by using modx's site id.
- Search in custom packages
- By using "joined" query hook declaration you can add joined resources to the default modResource
- The "main" declaration allow to replace modResource by an another main resource.
- Highlighting of results
- Whatever the complexity of the search terms used, they are highlighted in the extract results
- Two paging types available
- paging type 1 : 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
- paging type 2 : Next 6-10/26 Previous
- paging type 3: 1 | 2 | 3 ... 10 | 11 | 12 ... 18 | 19 | 20
- Ajax mode
- Show your effect between basic, showfade and slidefade
- Replace the pagination by a "Show more result link", and display all the results on a landing page
- Adjust the opacity of the window of results
- LiveSearch mode
- Customize easily your own load and close images
- Faceted search available with Ajax mode
Install via package management
The zend search library should be installed before the first run of AdvSearch. Follow the installation steps of the AdvSearch documentation.
The technical pre-requisites for AdvSearch are:
- Revo 2.2 and upper
- UTF-8 charset
- php multi-bytes setting ON
AdvSearch uses JQuery 1.10.2 (provided with AdvSearch).
- First seen
- Supported databases
- Minimum MODX Requirement
|MODX.com||2.0.0-beta2||2016-01-08 (4 years ago)|
We've also seen 3 unverified versions of AdvSearch in use, but don't list those as we've been unable of confirming they are official releases from an official source.