Important: If upgrading to this version, see the notes here: http://bobsguides.com/subscribe-tutorial.html
New in 1.2.x:
- Displays a report on user preferences and group membership
- Users can now Manage their User Groups membership
- Bug fix for potential "headers already sent" error
Subscribe allows users to register as members on your site. Users are automatically put in a user group and you can use checkboxes to ask for and save user preferences or self-applied tags for each user.
- Built-in registration form
- Can be used with EmailResource to send emails to selected groups of users
- Users to email can be selected by both user groups and user preference/tags
- Double-opt-in registration with automatic confirm-register email to user
- Detailed tutorial
- User preferences/tags stored in the User Profile 'comment' field (or in an extended Profile field)
- Request-to-subscribe link to put in your template
Note: Unlike Mark Hamstra's SubscribeMe extra, Subscribe has no PayPal function.
Install with Package Manager
See the tutorial at Bob's Guides
- First seen
- Supported databases
- MySQL SQL Server
- Minimum MODX Requirement
|MODX.com||1.2.2-pl||2016-04-22 (2 years ago)|
We've also seen 1 unverified versions of Subscribe in use, but don't list those as we've been unable of confirming they are official releases from an official source.